05-07-2014

A long annual leave in May& June 2014


Robert and I went on home leave on May 30st. 
So we were in time for Meike's birthday on May 2d. 

We celebrated that in Hodeige, Belgium, where she lives with her boyfriend/partner Michael. Hanna en Jaco  and Joost and his 'woman' Emmy were there too.  We had a lovely time together! 




It was so green when we came back to the Netherlands! 


We also celebrated my mum's 92d birthday. My dad (95) invited us (me and my siblings with partners) for lunch. Even though my mum has a very advanced degree of Alzheimer, it was good to be together. After her birthday suddenly things got worse. Somehow right in time there was a vacancy in the alzheimer home near to their appartment, about half a mile. Things went fast and now she lives there since June 11th. 

Both my dad and mum are adjusting to this new course in their life now and it is not easy. I am grateful I could be there to support them during the change. My flight back to Ethiopia was on the 13th 


During the month of May we saw a lot of friends and family, which was great. Lindsay came from England for my birthday and met with Anna - we actually went belly dancing together. And they decided to come visit me in Ethiopia, together.


Also we got the chance to meet with Michael's mum, Lutgarde, and that was a feast. As if we know each other a long time already. She will also come to see us in Ethiopia, so it is going to be a wise women's journey. 




  



 Lindsay, Robert and I went to Rotterdam for my birthday. We did a tour on the river Maas into the harbours. We didn't now there were so many containers! And what did we see?  A ship from Liberia with the name of Bella Schulte - as if Rob's mum was there just to say hello
Then back to Ethiopia, where a full time job awaited me - more in next blog.

1 opmerking:

  1. Hey mam! Leuke foto die van jou onder de paraplu! merk dat ik veel te weinig op jou blog kijk. Shall remedy that! Tot met kerst!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen