10-09-2012

Back to work!

September 2012
So, working life started again. On September 1st Robert returned to Tashkent to continue the team leadership, since, somewhere in August, his French employer and the Uzbek partners agreed to continue the project. Life hasn’t changed much and Robert was happily welcomed by our friends there. Only Internet is not so good anymore since the biggest provider went bankrupt.
What lies ahead in our labyrinth?   
I, Jelleke, will join Robert on th 21st of September. For the time being Robert found a comfortable hotel to stay in. He is presently looking for a small apartment for us together, so that at least we can cook our own meals. I am looking forward to finish my book once I am back there. While still here I use the 3 weeks in the Netherlands well, a.o. to see some people I need to interview or to talk to for my book and attend a workshop about the sustainability of food-chains.  
Meanwhile, Meike started a new phase in her life. She lives now in Belgium, Hodeige, near Liege, with her boyfriend Michael. And she started a 2 year educationcourse as a teacher, nearby in the South of Holland, Sittard. Joost is urgently looking for a job as interactive designer, but it is hard with the economic situation. He will take care of our house till Christmas, and then we will see what next.  His girlfriend Emmy just started a 2 year masters programme in Breda, in graphic design, which she enjoys tremendously, but it is a bit of a distance from here. .

As always, the beginning of September brings a special type of weather that somehow ‘belongs’ to this week’s going back to study and work; I love it, with spider webs everywhere in and outside the house and lovely golden bundles of sunrays cascading through the woods.
 Dear reader, I will be back on these pages once I am back in Uzbekistan again.
Keep up the good spirits!  Until then!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten